Nashville Punk & Underground Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New Hardcore Band!
Nobel peace prize EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am by Benjy

» New Band! The God We Create
Nobel peace prize EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 am by Benjy

» Street / Pop punk
Nobel peace prize EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm by TheSteve

» Askultura SE tour: Monday, Jan 21st @ The End. $5.
Nobel peace prize EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm by patchesmcfeely

» WHITE REAPER
Nobel peace prize EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm by NickWilkerson

» Thee Dumb-Ass Marrys
Nobel peace prize EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm by chilontes

» hey dudes i need help
Nobel peace prize EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm by wakmaster

» Show help August 7th
Nobel peace prize EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm by bridgeunderfire

» Female Vocalist looking for band
Nobel peace prize EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm by wakmaster

Nobel peace prize

3 posters

Go down

Nobel peace prize Empty Nobel peace prize

Post  wolfie Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:19 am

Well I think, despite being a bit premature,Obama's peace prize is a statement on the world's hunger for even handed, diplomatic leadership by the US that has been sorely lacking as of late.
wolfie
wolfie
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Nobel peace prize Empty Re: Nobel peace prize

Post  Mike_Sims Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:26 am

What the fuck has he done to warrant a Peace Prize? That's gotta be the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. Unless you call cowing down to terrorist groups, let Iran and North Korea conduct nuclear tests without reacting to them, and letting Russia buddy up with people we've had trouble out of in Central America a step toward peace. Or ignoring one of your generals and not sending him reinforcements he needs. He's left our forces in Iraq, upped the ante in Afghanistan, and seems to have his eyes on Pakistan. So why the hell should he get a peace prize?
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/radiodeathwave

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Mike_Sims wrote:What the fuck has he done to warrant a Peace Prize? That's gotta be the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard. Unless you call cowing down to terrorist groups, let Iran and North Korea conduct nuclear tests without reacting to them, and letting Russia buddy up with people we've had trouble out of in Central America a step toward peace. Or ignoring one of your generals and not sending him reinforcements he needs. He's left our forces in Iraq, upped the ante in Afghanistan, and seems to have his eyes on Pakistan. So why the hell should he get a peace prize?

Didn't say he should have got it.
Just saying why he got it.
He's done nothing but change the tone of talking to the world.
Seems the world has become such a tempest of ill will and disregard,
that simply treating people like equals, approaching the rest of the world if they actually matter, warrants recognition.

He wasn't campaigning for it.
So don't be mad at him.
Certainly not a triumph for Obama.
From what I can see, he was as surprised to get it as anyone.
The money goes to charity.

And like I said, it is a statement on the world's hunger for even handed, diplomatic leadership by the US.
It is a message.
To us, the US citizens.
wolfie
wolfie
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:15 pm

It's not only the right who feels like the award was premature.

Here's what an ultra leftist had to say to Mr. Obama.

PS- There's an old saying that goes something like, when no one likes you you know you must be doing something right.

---------------------------

Congratulations President Obama on the Nobel Peace Prize -- Now Please Earn it!

Friday, October 9th, 2009

Dear President Obama,

How outstanding that you've been recognized today as a man of peace. Your swift, early pronouncements -- you will close Guantanamo, you will bring the troops home from Iraq, you want a nuclear weapon-free world, you admitted to the Iranians that we overthrew their democratically-elected president in 1953, you made that great speech to the Islamic world in Cairo, you've eliminated that useless term "The War on Terror," you've put an end to torture -- these have all made us and the rest of the world feel a bit more safe considering the disaster of the past eight years. In eight months you have done an about face and taken this country in a much more sane direction.

But...

The irony that you have been awarded this prize on the 2nd day of the ninth year of our War in Afghanistan is not lost on anyone. You are truly at a crossroads now. You can listen to the generals and expand the war (only to result in a far-too-predictable defeat) or you can declare Bush's Wars over, and bring all the troops home. Now. That's what a true man of peace would do.

There is nothing wrong with you doing what the last guy failed to do -- capture the man or men responsible for the mass murder of 3,000 people on 9/11. BUT YOU CANNOT DO THAT WITH TANKS AND TROOPS. You are pursuing a criminal, not an army. You do not use a stick of dynamite to get rid of a mouse.

The Taliban is another matter. That is a problem for the people of Afghanistan to resolve -- just as we did in 1776, the French did in 1789, the Cubans did in 1959, the Nicaraguans did in 1979 and the people of East Berlin did in 1989. One thing is certain through all revolutions by people who wish to be free -- they ultimately have to bring about that freedom themselves. Others can be supportive, but freedom can not be delivered from the front seat of someone else's Humvee.

You have to end our involvement in Afghanistan now. If you don't, you'll have no choice but to return the prize to Oslo.

Yours,
Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
MichaelMoore.com

P.S. Your opposition has spent the morning attacking you for bringing such good will to this country. Why do they hate America so much? I get the feeling that if you found the cure for cancer this afternoon they'd be denouncing you for destroying free enterprise because cancer centers would have to close. There are those who say you've done nothing yet to deserve this award. As far as I'm concerned, the very fact that you've offered to walk into the minefield of hate and try to undo the irreparable damage the last president did is not only appreciated by me and millions of others, it is also an act of true bravery. That's why you got the prize. The whole world is depending on the U.S. -- and you -- to literally save this planet. Let's not let them down.
wolfie
wolfie
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_Sims Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:24 am

If I've got my facts right, evidently they had 12 days to get the nominations in from the time he took office until they voted on it. So what did he do in 12 days that just wowed the world so much? Chuckie and I were discussing it the other day and he brought up the fact that its pretty much like the Academy Awards, a bunch of industry people giving themselves awards to help promote their films. So to me, there's not much credit to the award anyway. When's the last time you ever heard of a total nobody who has been holding marches or just trying to spread the word of peace be even mentioned? Let hm have his phony award and watch his ego just get bigger.
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Mike_Sims wrote:If I've got my facts right, evidently they had 12 days to get the nominations in from the time he took office until they voted on it. So what did he do in 12 days that just wowed the world so much? Chuckie and I were discussing it the other day and he brought up the fact that its pretty much like the Academy Awards, a bunch of industry people giving themselves awards to help promote their films. So to me, there's not much credit to the award anyway. When's the last time you ever heard of a total nobody who has been holding marches or just trying to spread the word of peace be even mentioned? Let hm have his phony award and watch his ego just get bigger.

That's what i heard too. I think Obama woulda' preferred not winning the award. It's pretty sad when the winner of any award has to do media damage control for winning an award, deserved or undeserved, for even trying to do things right.

And the moment a total nobody becomes a somebody, a label is slapped on them and they are immediately demonized and dismissed.

I still maintain we're mad at the wrong people. The people who own the airwaves. Follow the money.
wolfie
wolfie
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_Sims Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah, evidently, he didn't even know he was nominated and it took him by surprise. And the Nobel commity has now admited that they gave him the award in the hopes that it would encourage him to do some of the things he promised to do in his campaign. So, in other words, they are using this to pressure him. Bullshit move if you ask me. Let the man make his own decissions.
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuckie The Plague Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:35 am

Yeah! Where's my Nobel Prize for Mathematics? I've contributed as much to that field of endeavour. Actually I've contributed more. I've actually used math in the past year.

I would like to suggest to the committee that they consider a Nobel War Prize ... I nominate, posthumously of course ... both Muhatmah Ghandi and Dr. Martin Luther King for their contributions in this field of endeavour.

I repeat: Absurdity Shall Be The Whole Of The Law!
Seems we live in a Plaguist world more than I thought. Hail NewFutureLand!
Chuckie The Plague
Chuckie The Plague
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_Sims Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:01 pm

What was it ya said it was Chuckie? His consolation prize for not gettin the Olympics in Chicago?
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum