Nashville Punk & Underground Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New Hardcore Band!
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am by Benjy

» New Band! The God We Create
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 am by Benjy

» Street / Pop punk
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm by TheSteve

» Askultura SE tour: Monday, Jan 21st @ The End. $5.
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm by patchesmcfeely

» WHITE REAPER
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm by NickWilkerson

» Thee Dumb-Ass Marrys
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm by chilontes

» hey dudes i need help
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm by wakmaster

» Show help August 7th
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm by bridgeunderfire

» Female Vocalist looking for band
Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm by wakmaster

Stuff ya need to know

+2
k
wolfie
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stuff ya need to know - Page 3 Empty Re: Stuff ya need to know

Post  Chuckie The Plague Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:51 am

Yes.
The lie is that America is supposedly a classless society. It is acceptable to discuss American society in any of the ways that our differences are apparent ... but once class comes into discussion, that is considered rude at best ... or is shut down with "that's commie talk" or "Un-American".
It is between the haves and have nots. It always has been and always will be ... in this America is un-exceptional ... which is not the way we were taught or like to think of "America".
The class war is over and they won by convincing everyone that we live in a classless country. In the meanwhile they have dismantled or co-opted every tool that we, the people and workers, had to "voice" our concerns. For the average working man there was little difference between the economic deregulating, union minimalizing policies of Carter or Reagan. Bush I or Clinton or Bush II. Obama is staying the course.
Note: Not a word of the check card legislation that he talked up while running for president. Since taking the oath of office he has been a great corporate steward. Which should not be a surprise to anyone but the truly naive. We live in a one party state. Our democracy has already been usurped. They are bold enough not to hide it anymore. With each administration corporate influence has been protected and expanded. Unregulated Commerce is the new State Religion for those with the voice and the influence or those that want to curry favor.
America has become Un-American.

At best voting has become an exercise in futility for anyone expecting any change. At worst ... in America, an act of violence. Rubberstamping and validating policy already etched in stone by the haves. I'm not sure what that is called, but I refuse to call that democracy and I don't participate in that ... for concientious reasons.

Civil discourse has become quite uncivil in the last fifteen years. That is not by accident either. America has slowly been immersed in a language of political and economic violence.

I'm not sure what any of us can really do about it ... I'm not sure that anyone really does.

They've constructed, as far as I can tell, a near perfect tyranny ... maintaining just enough "democratic" plausability to keep enough people in denial of what it really is.

scratch
Chuckie The Plague
Chuckie The Plague
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:57 am

Chuckie The Plague wrote:Yes.
The lie is that America is supposedly a classless society. It is acceptable to discuss American society in any of the ways that our differences are apparent ... but once class comes into discussion, that is considered rude at best ... or is shut down with "that's commie talk" or "Un-American".
It is between the haves and have nots. It always has been and always will be ... in this America is un-exceptional ... which is not the way we were taught or like to think of "America".
The class war is over and they won by convincing everyone that we live in a classless country. In the meanwhile they have dismantled or co-opted every tool that we, the people and workers, had to "voice" our concerns. For the average working man there was little difference between the economic deregulating, union minimalizing policies of Carter or Reagan. Bush I or Clinton or Bush II. Obama is staying the course.
Note: Not a word of the check card legislation that he talked up while running for president. Since taking the oath of office he has been a great corporate steward. Which should not be a surprise to anyone but the truly naive. We live in a one party state. Our democracy has already been usurped. They are bold enough not to hide it anymore. With each administration corporate influence has been protected and expanded. Unregulated Commerce is the new State Religion for those with the voice and the influence or those that want to curry favor.
America has become Un-American.

At best voting has become an exercise in futility for anyone expecting any change. At worst ... in America, an act of violence. Rubberstamping and validating policy already etched in stone by the haves. I'm not sure what that is called, but I refuse to call that democracy and I don't participate in that ... for concientious reasons.

Civil discourse has become quite uncivil in the last fifteen years. That is not by accident either. America has slowly been immersed in a language of political and economic violence.

I'm not sure what any of us can really do about it ... I'm not sure that anyone really does.

They've constructed, as far as I can tell, a near perfect tyranny ... maintaining just enough "democratic" plausability to keep enough people in denial of what it really is.

scratch

What he said
wolfie
wolfie
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 am

You want to know how this is going to play out?

The answer, I'm afraid, can be found in my little slice of life experience.

I went to a gun show yesterday to buy cheap ammo and a riser for the scope on my AR.
(Good prices at gun shows.)
Saw a T-shirt for sale that read something like this...

'If everyone killed one liberal, the world would be a brighter place'

There were several of these "novelty" t-shirts espousing more or less the same self described "patriotic" sentiment.

I bought more ammo.
wolfie
wolfie
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuckie The Plague Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:25 am

wolfie wrote:You want to know how this is going to play out?

The answer, I'm afraid, can be found in my little slice of life experience.

I went to a gun show yesterday to buy cheap ammo and a riser for the scope on my AR.
(Good prices at gun shows.)
Saw a T-shirt for sale that read something like this...

'If everyone killed one liberal, the world would be a brighter place'

There were several of these "novelty" t-shirts espousing more or less the same self described "patriotic" sentiment.

I bought more ammo.

Until just recently I worked with a self-professed Christian that kept witnessing to me. One day some news story came on the radio that mentioned B. Obama. I don't even know what the news bit was, but this guy said, "I wish someone would just kill him."

Advocating murder to solve a difference of political opinion seems to be the norm these days.

Might find this interesting: http://www.alternet.org/story/144982/are_progressives_depressed_or_too_privileged_to_produce_social_change__or_are_we_just_failing_to_organize_effectively__?page=1
Chuckie The Plague
Chuckie The Plague
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum