Nashville Punk & Underground Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New Hardcore Band!
Lemmy movie this week EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am by Benjy

» New Band! The God We Create
Lemmy movie this week EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 am by Benjy

» Street / Pop punk
Lemmy movie this week EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm by TheSteve

» Askultura SE tour: Monday, Jan 21st @ The End. $5.
Lemmy movie this week EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm by patchesmcfeely

» WHITE REAPER
Lemmy movie this week EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm by NickWilkerson

» Thee Dumb-Ass Marrys
Lemmy movie this week EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm by chilontes

» hey dudes i need help
Lemmy movie this week EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm by wakmaster

» Show help August 7th
Lemmy movie this week EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm by bridgeunderfire

» Female Vocalist looking for band
Lemmy movie this week EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm by wakmaster

Lemmy movie this week

5 posters

Go down

Lemmy movie this week Empty Lemmy movie this week

Post  Iggus Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:00 pm

It may have been posted already but I thought I would mention that the Lemmy movie is suppose to be shown this weekend only at the Belcourt. The DVD set will be released Feb 15th and contains 4 total hours. Almost 3 hours of extra material. From the little I saw lemmy's appearance with Metallica here in nashville is in the movie. Along with the movie Motorhead release their new album "The World is yours" Feb 6. They take their 35th years anniversery tour out on the road this year with opening band Clutch...that in itself is fucking badass...this should be proclaimed the year of the lemmy.... this short interview with Lemmy came out today on billboard.com

With albums coming from both his bands and a biographical documentary due out on DVD, one can understand why Lemmy Kilmister feels "we're going pretty good at the moment."

The iconic Motorhead founder and leader is basking in the raised profile of "Lemmy: 49% Motherf**ker, 51% Son of a Bitch," Greg Olliver and Wes Orshoski's frank and gritty look at his life story and lifestyle. The film debuted at last year's South By Southwest Film Festival and is currently in theatrical showings before an expanded DVD release on Feb. 15.

"Well, it's not too embarrassing," Lemmy tells Billboard.com about the film. "I didn't have to leave the fucking theater before the lights came on, so it's OK. I learned I look a lot older than I thought I did, but it's... pretty good." He's also looking forward to the DVD version of "Lemmy," whose three-plus hours of bonus footage will include a featurette called "The Sweet Side of Lemmy." "It's quite good, actually. I think the extra bits are just as good as the movie," Lemmy notes.

As for those who are disarmed by the film's revelation about his extensive collection of military and particularly Nazi paraphernalia from World War II, Lemmy is unapologetic: "Let's face it, it isn't skinheads and shit collecting this stuff. It's too expensive. This is doctors and lawyers collecting it... And I didn't collect any of the ideology, believe me. I've got friends of all colors and religious persuasions. I ain't got a racist bone in my body."

With the film out and about, Lemmy and his Motorhead mates are turning their attention back towards making music and rolling out their next album, "The World is Öurs," on Feb. 8. The trio recorded in Los Angeles and Wales with producer Cameron Webb, who helmed Motorhead's last three albums and who Lemmy says is "really good at getting our secret wishes onto tape."

"We set out to make a Motorhead record," Lemmy explains. "We're pretty simplistic. We do Motorhead music the best you'll ever hear it. We do a couple of sidetracks now and again, but not on this album. This album's pretty straightforward."

Motorhead hits the road on Jan. 25 for a North American tour that stretches into March, after which the group will play in Australia and South America and then spend the summer in Europe. Europe is also where Motorhead's new wine brand has been a quick success, although Lemmy takes some credit for tweaking the product in its initial stages.

"The guy brought it down to a show, proudly, and I said, 'Ooh, sorry man, I don't drink red wine,' " Lemmy recalls. "So he had to go away and make some other stuff. It's rose I drink, or white. I never drink red. (Guitarist) Phil Campbell drinks red, so I gave him the bottle."

Some time this year Lemmy also plans to release "Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk," a new album by Head Cat, his rockabilly band with the Stray Cats' Slim Jim Phantom and Danny B. Harvey of the Rockats and Lonesome Spurs. The set, also produced by Webb, features mostly covers -- including Elvis Presley's "Trying to Get to You," Eddie Cochran's "Somethin' Else," Webb Pierce's "I Ain't Never" and Larry Williams' "Bad Boy" -- plus two originals, "American Beat" and "The Eagle Flies on Friday."

"We'll do a few shows when Motorhead aren't working," Lemmy says, "which isn't time for many shows. But we'll do some. We have a lot of fun."

Iggus
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

http://www.noisecult.com

Back to top Go down

Lemmy movie this week Empty Re: Lemmy movie this week

Post  KD Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Nice!
KD
KD
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://www.stikmanrecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRIS Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:09 am

I got a text from the MOTORHEAD website about this last week. The 28-29 at the belcourt. I have been following this for a couple years. If you know me I FUCKING LOVE MOTORHEAD. Lemmy is God! Me and my daughter were at Grimey's today talking with a dude about it. This movie comes out on DVD on Feb.15th. It has 4 and a hours of behind he scenes footage.
dave grohl says it best..."If Lemmy moved in next door your lawn would die!" FUCKING LOVE IT! Twisted Evil
CHRIS
CHRIS
Addict
Addict

http://WWW.NASHVILLEUNDERBELLY.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRIS Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:32 am

This was in the comments on IRON FIST on you tube...fucking great!

Lemmy is resilient. he's like 70 and he hasn't lost any hair, his voice isn't any different than it was in the 80s, he is a raging alcoholic but his liver is fine. In about 40-50 years he is going to die, and the news story will read "Lemmy Kilmister died today, after fucking 20 groupies in a row (most at the same time), he then pissed pure whiskey and died with a lit cigarette still in his mouth."
CHRIS
CHRIS
Addict
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRIS Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 am

When you leave the movie at the belcourt on the 29th you should go to the cannery and see THE DRIVE BY TRUCKERS! Patterson hood and the band will be tearing shit up!
CHRIS
CHRIS
Addict
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  wakmaster Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm

i recorded the motorhead "classic albums" show, but accidentaly deleted it. That is the best show on tv and that was the best episode.

does anyone else watch that show? its on vh1 classic.
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://myspace.com/wakmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRIS Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 pm

wakmaster wrote:i recorded the motorhead "classic albums" show, but accidentaly deleted it. That is the best show on tv and that was the best episode.

does anyone else watch that show? its on vh1 classic.
You can watch it on youtube. It's in like 5 parts.
CHRIS
CHRIS
Addict
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Iggus Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 am

Was that the episode where they talk about Ace of Spades? I have that one, I found it used for $4 at great escape years ago, it is a pretty good one. Chris - I am going to the saturday night showing at 10pm, if you plan on going and go then let me know I'll look for you there. Belcourt is showing it three times: fri at 9:55, sat at 9:55 and sunday at 11am...you know trying to get the right after church group I suppose....

Iggus
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Iggus Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Nobody going to see the Lemmy movie from the site? blasphemers....I will not want to be you when you have to stand infront of the almighty Lemmy Rawk at the pearly gates and have him read though your life's transgressions in judgement, oh rue the day...

Iggus
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Benson Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:51 pm

I'd like to see it, we'll see how it goes...
Matt Benson
Matt Benson
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://www.myspace.com/poppunkpioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down