Nashville Punk & Underground Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New Hardcore Band!
riot fest 2009 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am by Benjy

» New Band! The God We Create
riot fest 2009 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 am by Benjy

» Street / Pop punk
riot fest 2009 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm by TheSteve

» Askultura SE tour: Monday, Jan 21st @ The End. $5.
riot fest 2009 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm by patchesmcfeely

» WHITE REAPER
riot fest 2009 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm by NickWilkerson

» Thee Dumb-Ass Marrys
riot fest 2009 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm by chilontes

» hey dudes i need help
riot fest 2009 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm by wakmaster

» Show help August 7th
riot fest 2009 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm by bridgeunderfire

» Female Vocalist looking for band
riot fest 2009 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm by wakmaster

riot fest 2009

4 posters

Go down

riot fest 2009 Empty riot fest 2009

Post  wakmaster Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm

I guess noone on here went to riot fest since i havnt seen anything about it since the old boards. i went. i saw cocksparrer. it was pretty fucking cool.

i left on saturday and stayed in milwaukee with my good buddy dizzy. he used to live here, some of yall might know him. he runs a bar with his buddy in beer city and let us drink for free. he was going to see cocksparrer to and we followed him down. we got blitzed and enjoyed the show with punks and skins of all ages shapes and sizes and there were no problems. even the security was cool. if you got too drunk like dizzy did then they put you in time out and gave you a water. we went back to milwaukee and partied some more.

the next day our driver couldn't find his keys and we were flipping out all day. one guy had to see his po the next day so we were trying to get money together to get him a plane ticket. then we tried to figure out how to get the 200 dollars to get a key molded and what we were gonna tell our jobs and all kinds of bad news. during the commotion at around 7pm, another member of our party had a seizure and we had to call 911. we got all kinds of accusing comments from the paramedics because of the way we looked. its been a while since i've had any of those, so that kind of through me off. but in the confusion of carrying this person out on a stretcher, the driver put his jacket on the ground and it made a metallic thud. he searched the jacket and the keys were down in the liner of the jacket the whole time.

they kept her at the hospital for observations for a few hours and we switched of driving through the night and got back tuesday morning. we couldn't figure out if the stress caused the seizure or if it would have happened anyway on the interstate in bumfuck indiana. so i guess it was a blessing to lose the keys, i don't know.

i know this story is more like a blog than a post on a message board and some folks might not give a shit, but i had a pretty crazy weekend and got to see cocksparrer and you didn't!
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://myspace.com/wakmaster

Back to top Go down

riot fest 2009 Empty Re: riot fest 2009

Post  Mike_Sims Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:47 pm

If we could have afforded to go up there, we woulda been hangin out with Flatfoot backstage with Cocksparrer. But hey, when ya got no money, it makes traveling hard.
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/radiodeathwave

Back to top Go down

Post  C Murda Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Mike_Sims wrote:If we could have afforded to go up there, we woulda been hangin out with Flatfoot backstage with Cocksparrer. But hey, when ya got no money, it makes traveling hard.
hah...not always
C Murda
C Murda
Red Wings
Red Wings

http://myspace.com/punkrockambulance

Back to top Go down

Post  KD Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:47 pm

We went for the whole weekend (Me, Edwin, Jay (edwins roomate) and Abe from the Carry-Ons)

It was FUCKING GREAT .. Murder City Devils were amazing .. NOFX has more fun than any band Ive ever seen on stage .. and The Dead Milkman were the most disapointing band of the weekend .. LCB played a awesome after show Saturday night at the Cobra Lounge, and Flatfoot kicked home town ass on Sunday at the Metro ..

Everything was too exspensive, but we endded up sneaking liquor into the shows, along with pot, so it made my nights better .. we left early sunday to hang out at the L&L and got shit faced for 2.50/per PBR (a great deal at the time)

the only bad thing is we all ended up with some sort of FLU and Ive been out of action for over a week and Im just now getting on my feet again ..

great times
KD
KD
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://www.stikmanrecords.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down