Nashville Punk & Underground Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New Hardcore Band!
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am by Benjy

» New Band! The God We Create
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 am by Benjy

» Street / Pop punk
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm by TheSteve

» Askultura SE tour: Monday, Jan 21st @ The End. $5.
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm by patchesmcfeely

» WHITE REAPER
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm by NickWilkerson

» Thee Dumb-Ass Marrys
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm by chilontes

» hey dudes i need help
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm by wakmaster

» Show help August 7th
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm by bridgeunderfire

» Female Vocalist looking for band
Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm by wakmaster

Marshall JCM 900

+3
brothercrudmcnasty
wakmaster
CHRIS
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marshall JCM 900 - Page 2 Empty Re: Marshall JCM 900

Post  CHRIS Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 am

Looking at an 800 50 watt half stack for $1600. It's 17years old in mint condition. Can I get good tones at stage volume without a pedal with this? I will try it out of course but looking for feedback. Jeano your the marshall master. got anything? Just looking for that FULL Social D sound. Also is it hot enough (without a pedal ) for the buttery leads? I'll be using a les Paul (either epi or real) Gold top with mini pups by the way.
CHRIS
CHRIS
Addict
Addict

http://WWW.NASHVILLEUNDERBELLY.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  CHRIS Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:02 am

CHRIS wrote:Looking at an 800 50 watt half stack for $1600. It's 17years old in mint condition. Can I get good tones at stage volume without a pedal with this? I will try it out of course but looking for feedback. Jeano your the marshall master. got anything? Just looking for that FULL Social D sound. Also is it hot enough (without a pedal ) for the buttery leads? I'll be using a les Paul (either epi or real) Gold top with mini pups by the way.
Guess not..did not like the sound. The tone was kind of mono. I'll stick with the trebly 900. Just can't beat the tone for the dollar amount. Don't have 7grand for the real marshalls.
CHRIS
CHRIS
Addict
Addict

http://WWW.NASHVILLEUNDERBELLY.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  brothercrudmcnasty Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:20 pm

one thing you might wanna keep in mind when looking for an 800, alot of them were snatched up in the late 80's and modded for more "metal" like uses...ex. zakk wylde had a sig series 800 -different from the stock models like what me and jeano have.
brothercrudmcnasty
brothercrudmcnasty
Red Wings
Red Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  wakmaster Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:00 am

have you played a dsl100 (jcm2000)? they're easy to come by and they're very versitle. if you can find a 50w 900 you'll more than likely pay less, but dsl 100s are good amps.
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://myspace.com/wakmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  vacantjosh Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:00 pm

I had one of those JCM200's I freaking hated it. The distortion sounded thick like an old solid state peavey.....it honestly kind of sounded like a line 6 TRYING to sound like a Marshall...I had it for about 2 years, and sold it when I got my boogie.....just not a big fan....but everyone has on opinion.
vacantjosh
vacantjosh
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

Back to top Go down

Post  wakmaster Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:49 pm

did you have a tsl or dsl? i've heard dsl's sound a shitload better, but i havn't played a tsl. i have played a dsl and it sounded great. i didnt play it for very long and didn't really crank it but i liked what little i heard.

i had bought a 1960b cab and had to take it back because it wouldn't fit in my truck for the trip back to TN. it was at the GC in kileen TX right outside of Ft hood. when i took it back there was an older dude playing the dsl100 with a 1960av cab and they decided to make it a full stack when i brought the b cab back. he was playing the half stack with the av cab and it sounded ok. but when they added the other cab he was rocking blues on it and it sounded amazing cranked. he wasn't feeling it at first with the one cab but he decided to buy the whole stack. i felt bad for taking the cab i just bought back, but my buddy that worked there was pretty stoked about selling the full stack.

they make a 50w to and for some reason i think it would suit chris's sound pretty well.
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

Back to top Go down

Post  vacantjosh Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:51 pm

wakmaster wrote:did you have a tsl or dsl? i've heard dsl's sound a shitload better, but i havn't played a tsl. i have played a dsl and it sounded great. i didnt play it for very long and didn't really crank it but i liked what little i heard.

i had bought a 1960b cab and had to take it back because it wouldn't fit in my truck for the trip back to TN. it was at the GC in kileen TX right outside of Ft hood. when i took it back there was an older dude playing the dsl100 with a 1960av cab and they decided to make it a full stack when i brought the b cab back. he was playing the half stack with the av cab and it sounded ok. but when they added the other cab he was rocking blues on it and it sounded amazing cranked. he wasn't feeling it at first with the one cab but he decided to buy the whole stack. i felt bad for taking the cab i just bought back, but my buddy that worked there was pretty stoked about selling the full stack.

they make a 50w to and for some reason i think it would suit chris's sound pretty well.

Mine was a DSL...but the DSL and the TSL are the same amp, just the 2 and 3 channel versions. (double super lead, tripple super lead)

I played mine through the same jcm800 1980B cab that I use now...I just didn't dig it...but again, you and I are looking for different things tone wise...I was playing metal at the time..so I was just looking for as much gain as I could get, and I didn't dig what I got...only reason I bought that head at all was because it was when I was working at "Mars Music" while it was going out of business, and we were pilfering shit pretty heavy at that point...it was the last head left in the store, and I rang it up as a Marshall T Shirt and paid 20 bucks for it.....which was killer, because I was playing through a Randall Warhead combo at that time...so the step up to a half stack was rad...but again...I had clean, and nasty...I never experimented with anything in between...fuck...I gotta get back to work....in the comcast call center...so right now while you are on hold because your cable isn't working...I am bullshitting on this forum.
vacantjosh
vacantjosh
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

Back to top Go down

Post  wakmaster Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 am

hahaha....hey, by the way, my on demand has been out for like 2 weeks.....
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

Back to top Go down

Post  vacantjosh Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:37 pm

wakmaster wrote:hahaha....hey, by the way, my on demand has been out for like 2 weeks.....

On Demand is a piece of shit....power cycle your cable box.

All of the info is stored on a server, and when your ON DEMAND doesn't work, it jsut means the box isn't connecting.

Pull the Power cord out of the back of your cable box, leave it out for a minute, and plug it back in. Let the box cycle back up, and reconnect to the server..that'll take about 20-30 minutes....as soon as your channel guide repopulates, your on demand will work too...if it doesn't give me a yell and I'll tell you to fuck off.
vacantjosh
vacantjosh
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

Back to top Go down

Post  wakmaster Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 am

worked like a charm! brandi and the kids say thanks! now she can catch up on her project runway and the kids can watch max and ruby and superhero squad. now that i think about it, is there a way i can break it again?

and while we're at it, can you tell them to bring back the guitar world videos?
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

Back to top Go down

Post  vacantjosh Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 pm

wakmaster wrote:worked like a charm! brandi and the kids say thanks! now she can catch up on her project runway and the kids can watch max and ruby and superhero squad. now that i think about it, is there a way i can break it again?

and while we're at it, can you tell them to bring back the guitar world videos?

ha...I'll tell them...those videos were pretty cool...glad I could fix your issue homie....enjoy the VOD services....anytime you get an error...just do that, and you'll be in good shape
vacantjosh
vacantjosh
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

Back to top Go down

Post  CREEPING CRUDS Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:51 pm

CHRIS wrote:Looking for leads on a cheap JCM 900 50 WATT head. Yeah I know they have problems with this and that and all you techy fuckers hate them but I love the fuck out of them. Best punk rock rhythm guitar amp ever made. Very Happy

You mean WORST and most inconsistent Marshall tube head ever right?
CREEPING CRUDS
CREEPING CRUDS
Admin

http://creepingcruds.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mafiafran Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 am

Yeah they are looking and sounding better and better to me.

Modified starch
custom promotional products

mafiafran
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: