Nashville Punk & Underground Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New Hardcore Band!
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am by Benjy

» New Band! The God We Create
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 am by Benjy

» Street / Pop punk
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm by TheSteve

» Askultura SE tour: Monday, Jan 21st @ The End. $5.
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm by patchesmcfeely

» WHITE REAPER
New to the area - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm by NickWilkerson

» Thee Dumb-Ass Marrys
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm by chilontes

» hey dudes i need help
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm by wakmaster

» Show help August 7th
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm by bridgeunderfire

» Female Vocalist looking for band
New to the area - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm by wakmaster

New to the area

+8
MightyIdy
brothercrudmcnasty
KD
xsickboyx21
wakmaster
Sar
Mike_Sims
SophieQ82
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New to the area - Page 2 Empty Re: New to the area

Post  Mike_Sims Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Moonstomp is Skinhead night at Foobar with DJ's spinning old classic Ska and Skinhead Reggae with some Oi and Punk thrown in. Its a good time.
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/radiodeathwave

Back to top Go down

Post  kilo Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:47 pm

fearofbirdshit wrote:
brothercrudmcnasty wrote:welcome to nashville.

gotta love goldrush & foobar...
i think the muse gets a bad rep just cuz it's a little dirty (yet people love springwater and don't seem to care it dirty...). both fun places to see and play shows at.

as far as the band question....that's a tough one. it's all rocknroll to me. i wanted to be malcolm young when i was a kid, so AC/DC. Rawk

Some people want a clean antiseptic environment. The Muse isn't that dirty it's just kind of lame. Out of all the places around here my favorite is Springwater. the bands suck there but there's a taco stand in the back.

I will have to disagree with the muse not being that dirty. Have you seen the bathrooms? I almost used the men's restroom once but I just couldn't do it. There was piss EVERYWHERE. It was on the walls, the floor, the toilet, the toilet paper. Not to mention there was shit on the seat. The women's bathroom is a lot better, but even then I still feel uncomfortable using it. That being said, I still go to the muse quite a bit and always have a good time. I especially like that they have beer on tap for $2. Smile
kilo
kilo
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

http://myspace.com/wildwood_flower_photo

Back to top Go down

Post  kilo Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Is this moonstomp business every Sunday? It sounds like a lot of fun.
kilo
kilo
Peckerwood
Peckerwood

http://myspace.com/wildwood_flower_photo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_Sims Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 pm

kilo wrote:Is this moonstomp business every Sunday? It sounds like a lot of fun.
Second and fourth Sunday of every month.
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wakmaster Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:18 pm

i'm trying my damndest to get up there tonite....

there is a bunch of other posts i'm addressing but i dont wanna go back and add all the quotes....

when you said carpool did you mean you need a ride? cause i don't have one. if you have a car and live in smyrna i'll buy you a beer or two to get a ride back. i think my buddy ben is coming out of his way to grab me for the ride up there.

this is the second sunday so it's tonite right?

i dont find the muse bathrooms all that repulsive. then again after duecing in a port-a-potty (that hasn't been cleaned in god knows when) in kuwait in august with only a bottle of water to wipe with, the muse bathroom is definately worthy of my poop.
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://myspace.com/wakmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  wakmaster Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:52 pm

i got up there. there were a few faces i didnt recognise but it didnt seem to social of an event. were there folks posting here that were there that i don't know in real life? was that you in the corner, birdshit? (was that you in the spotlight, loosing your religion? hahaha)
wakmaster
wakmaster
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://myspace.com/wakmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_Sims Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:13 am

The one couple at the bar came all the way from Jackson. Hell of a drive on a Sunday night. It was kind of a weird tension in the air. Nothing ominous or anything. But everyone was just kind of in their own world that night.
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayou Beau XIV Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm

old and bitter wrote:welcome n stuff.

Foobar is decent since they got the new PA, 5 Spot is a cool venue depending on who's playing, springwater is a dive's dive. The muse has great potential, but it needs some TLC. the PA is (or was in december when we played with Nekromantix) a disaster, at least for the bands. It doesnt' sound bad out front, but the monitors are shit. I'd love to bring bands there, but I don't wanna get an earful about how bad the PA is. The End is a great place to see shows too.

favorite bands: The Clash, Tom Waits, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Mad Sin, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, the 101ers, Jim Jones Revue, Otis Gibbs, AVAIL, Willie Dixon, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes, Otis Redding, Deals Gone Bad, Cock Sparrer, Sick of it All, Minor Threat, Social Distortion, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Rancid, Operation Ivy, Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, JFA, Agent Orange, Judas Priest, Rush, R.E.M., Th' legendary Shack Shakers, BR549, Stray Cats, The Accused, Motorhead, Subhumans (UK), DOA, X, the Amazing Royal Crowns, Deke Dickerson, Big Sandy and the Flyrite Boys, Skeeter Truck, the Go Getters, Nick Curran, Deguello, the Attitudes, the Sonics, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, the Beatles, Little Walter, the living end, Dropkick Murphys, Darkbuster, the Misfits, Jesse Dayton, Supersuckers, Mudhoney, Green River, Guns n Roses, Thin Lizzy, Spellbound, Frenzy, Nekromantix, Hayseed Dixie, Richard Cheese, Three Blue Teardrops, KRS-One, and BDP, Public Enemy, Henry Rollins, L7, Jane's Addiction, RHCP, Sam Cooke, Al Green, the Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Teen Idols, Teen Idles, Subzero, the Haunted, Gojira, Silent Majority, Milhouse, H2O, Suicide Machines, Gyga, Gout, DRI, Corrosion of Conformity, Louis Jordan, Louis Prima, Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway, Less than Jake, Process is Dead, face down, Buzzkill (nashville), Life of Agony, Anthrax, The New York Dolls, the Stooges, the Minutemen, fIREHOSE, the Posies, the Replacements, Husker Du, Motley Crue, Tesla, Def Leppard, Ten Yard Fight, One life Crew, Downset, John Henry West, Buzzoven, Southern Culture on the Skids, Fishbone, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, Dead Kennedys, MDC, Jon Wayne, The Asylum Street Spankers, Wammo, High Noon, Wayne Hancock, Buck Owens, Faron Young, Carl Smith, Hank Williams I and III, Dale Watson, Los Straightjackets, Voodoo Glow Skulls, AKA Rudie, the Scofflaws, Madness, the Specials, The English Beat, Desmond Dekker, Prince Buster, Demented are Go, Guana Batz, The Quakes, the Reverend Horton Heat, Hot Water Music, Leatherface, Tim Barry, Tim Armstrong, Lagwagon, NOFX, Metallica, Accept, Dokken, Baskery, Gin Palace Jesters, This Train, Deathtongue, the Surf Punks, Muckypup, TAD, Soundgarden, The Gits, Alchohol Funnycar, Rednecks in Pain, Fun Girls from Mt. Pilot, Fecal Matter, Swingin' Utters, Descendents, Red Norvo's allstars, Charlie Parker, Thelonius Monk, Milt Hinton, I can keep this up for hours.........................

Alot of this we have in common Geoff, I like that you have jazz stuff on here, I am big Calloway and Armstrong fan. I didnt know anyone else had heard of the Scofflaws, I love them, I have their live album. You have good varied taste sir.

As for this town, Sophia, I like the Muse alot, and have everytime I have gone there, I am also 18 so take from that what you will. I dont know Nashville as well as these other guys, but I am moving here soon too, so I guess I will.
Bayou Beau XIV
Bayou Beau XIV
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://www.uncleskunkle.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: