Nashville Punk & Underground Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New Hardcore Band!
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:57 am by Benjy

» New Band! The God We Create
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:54 am by Benjy

» Street / Pop punk
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:27 pm by TheSteve

» Askultura SE tour: Monday, Jan 21st @ The End. $5.
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm by patchesmcfeely

» WHITE REAPER
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm by NickWilkerson

» Thee Dumb-Ass Marrys
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm by chilontes

» hey dudes i need help
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm by wakmaster

» Show help August 7th
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm by bridgeunderfire

» Female Vocalist looking for band
Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm by wakmaster

Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with

3 posters

Go down

Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with Empty Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with

Post  warthogdb Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Time to toss my hat into the ring. I’ve checked out the bands that I’ve seen on here and like what I hear. I’m 40 and a veteran of several bands primarily playing in Atlanta in the 90s. I have some good equipment and room to practice. Ideally, I’d like to find a veteran drummer, bass player and possible lead guitarist to play with on a regular basis, write / record some songs, and play some shows. I actually like to collaborate. In other words, I'm not necessarily looking for a backup band. I’m a rhythm guitar guy who can sing lead but likes to share vocals. I'm at the point where it is a hobby for me and hope to find others in the same boat. That doesn’t mean that I’m not passionate and committed. It just means I’m not in a position to star in the sequel to Another State of Mind.

Without getting too much into my personal manifesto on punk rock, I believe that there is a straight line between Sun Studio and CBGB. If I had a mission statement it would be something like: 60 years of rock and roll in two minutes flat. My holy trinity of influences includes the Ramones, the Misfits and Social Distortion.

I'm tired of making crappy demos on Garageband alone with cheesy fake drums and bass. Any takers?
warthogdb
warthogdb
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with Empty Re: Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with

Post  Matt Benson Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Have I seen your ad on musicians' sites before? Are you in Murfreesboro?
Matt Benson
Matt Benson
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://www.myspace.com/poppunkpioneer

Back to top Go down

Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with Empty Re: Veteran punk guitarist looking for folks to jam/record with

Post  warthogdb Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Matt Benson wrote:Have I seen your ad on musicians' sites before? Are you in Murfreesboro?

No. I've only been here in Brentwood for about a year and this is the first musician wanted type thing I've posted since I've been here. I of course know and have met plenty of musicians but no one who is into what I like to do. Are you attached to a band?
warthogdb
warthogdb
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Benson Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:27 am

Oh, and welcome.
Matt Benson
Matt Benson
Black Belt
Black Belt

http://www.myspace.com/poppunkpioneer

Back to top Go down

Post  warthogdb Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:56 am

Thanks for the welcome. I checked out your band on myspace. Awesome stuff. I'm glad to have found a site where bands and styles i like are represented. Some other places that I lived, the punk elite would have nothing to do with any passe stuff like melody or singing or verses and choruses and the like.
warthogdb
warthogdb
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_Sims Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:17 am

This is Nashville. You're gonna get a lot of different styles and find them a lot more appreciated. Welcome to the boards and welcome to Nashville.
Mike_Sims
Mike_Sims
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/radiodeathwave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down